Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Paris 2014: Montmartre & Pigalle

The last day of Paris, I wondered around Sacred Cœur until I had to go back to Gare du Nord to catch my train back to London.

I took the métro to Anvers and walked up a narrow street with tons of souvenir shops. They have crêpe stands, a chocolate museum and typical souvenir shops. Beware of pickpockets!


Hike up to Sacre Cœur is not too bad. You can see an overview of the city of Paris and it's breath-taking. Tip: there are many con artists with strings in their hands asking if they can show you how to braid a bracelet on you. WALK AWAY. They make you pay to have the bracelet removed.


Rue de Martyrs has various cafes, restaurants, boulangeries and shops that are unique. I love anything that's not a chain because they're just more local and in my view worth a visit. I bought some foie gras for my dad there.

While you are around that area, avoid Pigalle station. It is infamous for prostitution so it's not ideal if you're a female walking around that area alone.

I still cannot believe I was ever at Paris. It was all like a dream to me. I think I miss the food most. I was having croissant withdrawal and kept buying croissants in London, oops. I highly recommend Paris. It does live up to it's hype and is a great place to go with friends or your other half (no matter how cheesy that sounds). A bientôt, Paris!

"I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list" - Susan Sontag

No comments:

Post a Comment