Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Paris 2014: The Marais & Eastern Paris (10th & 3rd Arr.)

Oh la la! Bonjour, Paris! I'm sure lots of you do not know that I've been learning French since I was about 13 years old. My speaking is not that fluent, but I understand fine. So early this month, I had a week off school at the same time that my friend will be in Paris for a few days. I decided to go see her and visit Paris, something that I've wanted to do for years.

Getting off the Eurostar at Gare du Nord, I had a few hours to walk around and get to Gare de Lyon to meet my friend. I essentially walked south on Blvd de Magenta towards Canal St. Martin. I like going to cute unique places to explore the city. All places I mention are places I would highly recommend going to.

Canal St. Martin: Sit along the canal for a mini picnic!

Antoine & Lili: consists of 3 super cute shops selling clothing, children's toys and home goods. Great for families to go to.

Artazart Design Bookstore: Such a dainty bookstore! It's been there for years, and sells unique books.

Du Pain et des Idées: Traditional boulangerie with a variety of baked goods to choose from. How could a carb-addict like me resist this?




Merci: An adorable shop that sells everything from kitchenware to clothes with a cafe attached.


Ladurée - Madeleine (Original) : Their merchandise is just exquisite, and of course you have to try some of their famous macarons, I recommend the rose flavour, I'm still reminiscing its scent. 


 Our adorable Airbnb (3rd Arr.): This was probably a maid's room transformed into a studio-esque living space. It's just like something I'd like to live in if I was living by myself!

 Dinner: Baguette avec du fromage (so French :P)

"Paris is always a good idea" - Audrey Hepburn


No comments:

Post a Comment