Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Paris 2014: La Rive Gauche

Day 2 was spent on the left bank, or south bank, and also Île de la Cité. We visited various landmarks, including Musée D'orsay, La Tour Eiffel, Jardin du Luxembourg, Notre Dame, and Pont des Arts. I got a travel day pass that works for the métro, the bus, and gives you discounts on river cruises.

Wall for Peace: I find it so perfect that this monument is situated in front of the École Militaire and lines up with the Eiffel Tower. Unfortunately, it was under restoration when I was there, or else there is a feature for people to write messages of peace.

Eiffel Tower: How can you not go when you're in Paris? Enjoying a picnic in front of the Eiffel Tower should be quite an experience. The tower lights up at night and starts sparkling at 7pm. 
Tip: skip the queue & order tickets online

 Enjoy a Nutella Banana Crêpe (it was so good, I still remember it) at...

Luxembourg Gardens: This garden is just gorgeous. Take a stroll or just sit and enjoy the sun.


Notre Dame: this magnificent cathedral has an impressive history. Just think of the Hunchback of Notre Dame, such childhood memories.

Pont des Arts: so many bridges in Paris have locks on them. It's cliché, but a significant promise to have a lock with your other half. Please don't use coded locks (trust me, people do put those on). It completely defeats the purpose.

Shakespeare & Company: If you're a writer in need of a place to stay, I think they have a room for that. Find great English books in this historical book store.


What to get: Confit de canard, vin du mois
Best duck confit I've ever had. I swear I'm going to that restaurant every time I go to Paris in the future just to have their duck confit. No joke.

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing" - Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment