Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Tea Time | Bea's of Bloomsbury

Here comes another afternoon tea visit. This time, I visited Bea's of Bloombury, a cute, home-y bakery with multiple locations around London. I've ordered their cakes before and loved them because they were highly customizable. Cake was moist and icing not too sweet.

The afternoon tea here is no exception. Everything is made gluten-free. The price is not too expensive given the quality of food. This is a perfect place if you want afternoon tea with a chill and relaxed environment. Who says you need to dress up fancy and go to a hotel for good afternoon tea?


 They are famous for their cupcakes and brownies. Being a chocoholic, I actually liked the blondie way more than the brownies. It is less dense and sweet, which is a good thing when you're having a meal as loaded as a full afternoon tea set.

These are hearty and filling sandwiches. Different from regular finger sandwiches, these come in different kinds of bread. I do really enjoy the traditional finger sandwiches, but these are not bad and feel healthier as they are not loaded with butter/spreads/mayonnaise (fat, fat, and fat). 

We weren't able to finish the cupcake, since we were already stuffed and neither my friend nor I were huge cupcake fans, we packed one of them and brought it home.

All in all, this was a good experience, and I would definitely visit again if I get the chance. They do have amazing cakes to order, especially for special occasions and birthdays. I designed 2 cakes for my friends' birthdays, and everyone loved it. Again, highly customizable, and I am planning on going back for future custom-made cakes!

xoxo,
Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment