Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Foodie Review: Milk Top Ice Cream

I am someone who does not like wasting my eating quota on trash. So when it comes to summer, I am very picky about my ice cream. My philosophy is: chocolate ice cream is too overrated, has to be so rich it's fudgy to make me eat; vanilla ice cream is only for eating with apple pies, chocolate molten cakes etc. never on its own; soft serve ice cream is not rich and concentrated enough, unless you're talking about Hokkaido's milk ice cream...

As you can see, I don't just get any ice cream. I save my quota for the good ones. Maybe you do not agree with me, it's ok. Everyone has their own taste. But I really do want to praise Milk Top's ice cream. And because I will only indulge myself on interesting and worthy flavours, I will talk about some of my favs.

I can safely say my favourite ice cream flavour is now ginger, thanks to Milk Top. Ginger? Some people will think it's disgusting, it really is a hit or miss kind of thing. This ice cream is not particularly smooth, it is ginger flavoured afterall. It's more icy than it is creamy, but I love it. It has the ginger kind of spice, but also is sweet like ice creams should be. If I didn't have to worry about my body shape, I can engulf 5+ of these in no time.



They also have various tea and milk tea flavours. To someone like me who drinks milk tea like it's water, these flavours of course are close to heaven to me. Because this ice cream is royal milk tea flavoured, it is smoother and creamier than the ginger, but is definitely not the softness of Mövenpick ice creams. But the taste is all the matters. Moreover, I like stiffer and harder ice creams if you cannot already tell.



Green tea. This is one of the most popular flavours in Hong Kong recently. First thing first, I've been obsessed with green tea ice cream since I first had it at the age of 6. I understand the hype of green tea products, but don't understand the obsession with everything green tea. This Milk Top green tea ice cream did not disappoint me in one bit. It is very rich and heavy in green tea flavour, and judging by the taste and colour you know it's high quality green tea.


Milk Top products use high quality ingredients like Hokkaido 3.6 Milk, probably why they're so good. I always go to the shop in Causeway Bay Sogo. They have counters and store in other places, but cwb is my to-go location.

I hope you are having an enjoyable summer!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment